Torsten Murin elected Board Member of the German-Russian Chamber of Commerce
On 24 March 2020, the Annual General Meeting of the German-Russian Chamber of Commerce (AHK Russia) was held in Moscow. This year's Annual General Meeting was the most unusual of its kind since the founding of the AHK's predecessor organisation, the Association of German Industry in the Russian Federation, exactly 25 years ago. This was due to the measures being taken around the world, including in the Russian capital, to stop the spread of coronavirus. Events with more than 50 participants are now banned in Russia – which is why AHK Russia had to adapt quickly to the new conditions.
Instead of hosting the event at the SAP Digital Leadership Center in Moscow with 500 participants and a subsequent gala reception to mark the anniversary, the Annual General Meeting had to limit itself to a rather small gathering on the AHK’s premises. However, all the 900-plus members of the AHK were given the opportunity to follow the meeting via a livestream broadcast and ask questions in a special chat segment.
During the course of the event the assembly elected new members to the AHK’s Board of Directors, which consists of 15 people in total.
- Alexey Huebert, Chief Financial Officer, SAP CIS
- Valeria Khmelevskaya, lawyer and tax advisor (RF), Partner, Brand & Partner OOO
- Dr. jur. Andreas Knaul, LL.M., d.i.a.p. (E.N.A.), Partner, Rödl & Partner
- Torsten Murin, Managing Director, Wintershall Dea Russia
- Stefan Teuchert, President and General Director, BMW Group Russia
Five board members were elected for a further term of office:
- Burkhard Andrew Binder, co-founder and General Director of the Lamoda Group (Kupishoes GmbH)
- Oleg Bochtarev, Director New Ventures Kirovsky Zavod
- Oliver Cescotti, Country Manager GEA Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Central Asia and the Caucasus region
- Niels Hessmann, Managing Director of AO Bayer and Country Representative of Bayer AG in GUS
- Hansjürgen Overstolz, President of the Bosch Group in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Caucasus, Central Asia and Mongolia, and CEO of Robert Bosch OOO (Moscow), Robert Bosch Ltd. (Tbilisi)
We congratulate the new board members on their election.
Further information on the Annual General Meeting of the German-Russian Chamber of Commerce can be found here.
Head of the Communication Department
+7 (495) 234 49 50